Tuesday, March 26, 2013

another project- Magnetic Makeup Board

So, this happens often but rarely do I actually follow through- I saw a pin and thought 'yea, I could do that'. And after almost slicing my hand open on the sheet metal, while trying to cut it and holding it straight, the BF stepped in and finished the cutting.

So my recommendations-

- buy a frame from Home Goods, Marshall's or TJ MAXX, as long as you can cut or take the back off then you're good. Otherwise you'll spend a fortune on a frame this size

- this is a 2 person job; one to hold the metal straight and the other to cut and you'll need good sheers

- make sure you have something magnetic to clean up the shards, or don't be an ass like me and decide to do it on your BF's living room carpet on a rainy day

-use sturdy, "man gloves" to protect your hands- that shyt is sharp!

- make it personal! There's no reason it can't match your decor!

 - it was really easy to glue magnets to the back of my M/U but I'd recommend not using hot glue because the makeup will come off eventually. But that's possibly a good thing because you will run out of product and reuse the magnets- so your call there!

so I love this and I'm obsessed and I think it's a great project for anyone with the time and a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment