Friday, March 29, 2013

Squirrels eating my Crocus!

Hello Blogging World!

I made the mistake of telling my BF how happy I was that my crocus were coming up; I woke up this morning and found that half of them were now chewed stumps!
Now, I love all of God's creatures but when something like this happens I think "DIIIEEEEE- YOU THIEVING BASTARDS! Kill them all!". So after my rage subsided, I started googling and found that it was most likely squirrels. Fat bastards. So I found this concoction, plant anti-squirrel concoction!, that hopefully will save the rest of my crocus... let's pray. I will keep you guys posted on if it does the trick! Apparently it will help with tulips and any springtime plants. Happy Gardening and Happy Easter!

Update: I would say that I am happy to report that the concoction worked  however, I would have spoke too soon because I took happy pictures of the success (after 4 days) and then the next day came home to the holes dug in my planters- I'm assuming they were eating the bulbs instead of the flowers... So I think if you sprayed more often and used Tabasco rather then just plan hot sauce you may be more successful and not have the gardening rage that I encountered lol.

The happy fourth day:








 What I found the very next day, the 5th day o'doom:

(these are two different tubs, I only pictured the cutest one in my happy pictures but you get the point)




He even left he's squirrelly droppings of the peace offering...jerk
 


So does it work? yes and no... Moral: I hate squirrels when they are A. eating my flowers/bulbs B.hanging on our bird feeder and C. chewing apart our Christmas lights because they think they are giant nuts. Other than that, they are adorable hamsters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment